We went on our annual camping trip to Santa Cruz over Memorial weekend. This year our friends the Carli's came with us. It was so much fun!! The kids always had something to do, I don't think I ever heard the words, "I'm Bored" the entire weekend. The beach was the center of the camping trip, and then of course they rode bikes, scooters, and long boards. The kids even made their own race trails, one they called the "Death Trail".Here is Josh with Julian

Courtney and Christian

Tyler and Zach

On the beach the kids would play woofle ball, baseball, and throw the football. Play in the sand and take long walks up and down the beach.

Here's Michele and me before our long walk on the beach one day.

Here's Troy and Andrea and Zach closing up camp.

After we closed up camp we all drove to Capitola a whole 10 mins away. We had lunch at a great pizza place and we walked thru the fun little city. Here is an awesome car that we found in the parking lot, it's Josh's favorite color!!

When we reached the beach in Capitola the kids all went for a walk.


It was a very cool day so I stayed on a bench with all the stuff. While Zach was walking around he stubbed his toe in the sand and it was bleeding so the lifeguard on duty helped us clean it up and wrap it in some bandages. Zach said later, "that is the first time I have ever been helped by a lifeguard!" Here he is sitting on my lap after his lifeguard incident...

It was a great weekend with lots of memories made. We had such a great time that we didn't want to leave and we can't wait until our trip again next year.


2 comments:
ok.. i'll let my kids grow a foot or two.. and then we have to come on this trip with you one year!!!! sounds like fun!!! i just love to hang on the beach all day.
karen
I wish we could have been there! You will have to invite us sometime. We need to plan something though! Miss you guys!
Sheryl
Post a Comment