It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Canning, 'Tis the season


I got a box of apricots from my mother in law and I didn't want them to go to waste so I decided I would learn to can.  I make freezer jam usually every summer but I wanted to learn to can so a friend of mine so awesomely came over with a bunch of peaches from her tree and taught me how to can peaches and apricot jam.  We haven't tasted the peaches yet but the jam is YUMMMY!!! I was so proud of myself!  And the next day of course I was craving homemade bread to eat with our jam so I went and borrowed my mother in laws wheat grinder and ground some wheat and made wheat bread.  It was so good!!! It was all so fun to do and not all that hard!  I might actually become a domestic goddess one of these days! LOL!!

No comments: