It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

2010 Update~ January-April

There is SO much to catch up on... December to April....wow how the time flies.
After Christmas we took a trip to Utah to spend sometime with friends and family.  We went to the Hebdon's cabin for a few days in the beautiful, snowy mountains to snowmobile, we all had such a great time!


We also got to spend some quality time with our friends the Bigelows...
This is us at Temple Square, one of the many fun things we did with them. 


The Bigelows

In January Troy and I got to go to Cancun, Mexico for a week.  It was AMAZING...

 we went scuba diving which was so awesome!




We have so many pictures of this but I just couldn't put them all up...
We also got to ride on a catamaran across the ocean to an island to have lunch and do some shopping!


We went to Xcarat and spent a day there.  It was so beautiful, we snorkeled thru caves, and napped in hammocks, we saw all kinds of sea animals, we saw a great night show and ate!!!





In February Josh started another season of Gymnastics.  He started out as a Level 7 


this was at the Stanford meet, he did so well he wanted me to stop at the Ferrari dealership to take a picture.  

Valentines Day!!!


I woke up to this poster on the foot of our bed.  This is Troy's nickname for me, because all the men in Mexico call the women "Lady".  So, it stuck!  
Then he handed me a box and in it were these slippers! 



I didn't get him anything though, because he always says "don't buy me anything, just keep the money in the bank!" so this time he says to me, "do you want me to open my present before I leave for Bishopric meetings?" I say, " I didn't get you anything!" He turns around and in the closet he gets a box, that he had put together with a card on it that says "TO: Ashlee For: Troy From: Ashlee"
He had bought himself a CUTE pair of jeans and put them in the box to give him! Then he says to me, "Let's go have breakfast together before I leave" (Which is totally unusual) he says, " You get the bowls and spoons and I'll get the cereal" I walk into the kitchen wearing my new slippers and I see...


and in the drawer...

 The most BEAUTIFUL, new and shiny silverware!! I had been wanting new silverware for so long!! I was so excited I started to scream!  This was such an AWESOME Valentine's DAY!!!

In MARCH Troy started building a chicken coop!! We wanted to get chickens so we needed a place to put them! 






It's still in progress but it's almost done!!!

Courtney joined the High School Swim Team, and even though this is her first time ever swimming on a team they very quickly moved her up to the Varsity team!!





I'm trying to upload some videos of her races, but it's NOT working, I guess I will have to post those later.

Next.....


Courtney and Tyler were in Beauty and the Beast!
Courtney was a Silly Girl and Tyler was Chip




At the same time that we were performing Beauty and the Beast, Troy was in San Diego with Zach and Josh because Josh was going to Regionals as a Level 8 and on the Northern California All Star Team.  (Half way thru his season Guard decided to move him up a level.)  At Level 8 he was competing with 11-13 year olds even though he was still 10.  At Regionals his All Star Team took 1st place against Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada and Southern California.  Josh took 2nd on Pommel and Parallel Bars and he took 4th on the High Bar.  
Because he took 2nd on 2 events they got to stay in San Diego 2 extra days because Josh made it to even finals on those 2 events, which they only take the top 3 from each event.  At event finals Josh competed and had a great time.  They combined all 4 states, Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona and California and all ages, 11-18 and Josh took 4th on both of his events!! He was AMAZING!!!





The boys and Troy got to spend some quality time together at the beach, and at Universal Studios and at a Padres game!  They had a great time!





We are so proud of all of our kids!! Now that Beauty and the Beast is over we are ONLY doing Swim team, baseball, and gymnastics!  Tyler and Zach are doing a great job playing baseball and I love watching all of my kids do whatever they are doing!  We are in a happy place in our lives right now enjoying each other!  



1 comment:

Alisa Pierce said...

Thanks for the update!