It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Troy and I were up late the night before because we had to wrap all the gifts, we hadn't wrapped anything yet.  Good thing Santa was patient and waited for us to go to bed before he came.
 
But at 7:30am I heard Zach get up and I waited for him to come running to our room to say "Get up it's Christmas and Santa came" but... nothing... so I waited a few more minutes.  I could hear talking in the family room so I got up and snuck out into the kitchen and Zach and Ty were sitting on the couch watching TV!! So, I went in and woke up Troy and Courtney, and Josh and Troy's sister Nancy (It's a new tradition that she comes and spends the night with us and stays thru Christmas morning!) at that point the boys heard us and came running down the hall.  I said "Why are you sitting on the couch?  Why didn't you come wake us up?" and Zach says, "you told us to not wake you up or we couldn't go snowboarding next week!" well.... we did say that last Wednesday because we had been snowboarding for 2 days and we were so worn out I told them that they couldn't wake us up!! But that didn't mean ever again and of course it didn't apply to Christmas!! So, cute that he took it so seriously that on Christmas morning he was waiting patiently on the couch watching TV.
Josh and Zach checking out their stockings

Aunt Nancy and Courtney looking at her make up case

Our Fabulous camera man!

Toby getting his new bones!

Tyler so excited that Santa knows he LOVES pudding!

Troy got a couple of tool bags

Aunt Nancy got 2 new cute blankets

Courtney got neon nail polish from Josh

Zach got a fun new game from Tyler

Tyler got a belt buckle from Courtney

He loves it!!

Josh got yummy flavorful chap sticks and a gum ball machine from Zach

Courtney anticipating what's in the box???

She was right!! Parelli horse stuff!!


YEA!!! The Xbox 360 kinect!

Zach got me a beautiful earring and necklace set!

My kids know what I love!

Troy was even excited about the coupon in the box

Nancy grateful for a wonderful Christmas morning

My wedding ring finally fixed after 5 months of being broken!!!
And the famous banana!! LONG story! But I've gotten one every year for the past 16 years!

Just chillin


Long morning!

Ok, so the reason there is a banana in my stocking is because one Christmas 16 or 17 years ago Troy got up Christmas morning and there wasn't anything in my stocking.  HE was surprised because his was full but mine was empty, so he went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana off the counter and put it in my stocking.  When I realized what he had done I explained to him that I DO NOT fill my stocking and how upset I was that at the last minute he got a banana out of the kitchen. I told him, if he had got me the banana because I LOVED bananas and he actually went to the store because it was a thoughtful gift then 
I would've been happy with the gift but it's NOT ok to go into the kitchen Christmas morning and get whatever you can find.  Needless to say, from that morning on every Christmas there is a bright yellow banana in my stocking that he has bought at the store because he is so thoughtful!! (and he really is!!)

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas!  We did and most importantly on Christmas eve as we read the Christmas story from the bible and another Christmas story about a girl who had lost her mother and their family had had a tragic year, but remembered that they had the LOVE of GOD in their lives and remembered that that was what was most important.  There was a wonderful spirit in the room and Josh says to me, "WOW, we are really lucky and I feel like I don't even need any presents now."  THAT is what Christmas is about!  Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season and give your LOVE away!!
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun Christmas! It was fun seeing you guys on Thursday. Hope your head is feeling ok. Love ya!

kenna said...

For some reason I remember you loving circus peanuts! All the way back to Grandma and Grandpa Doty's 50th anniversary!
-Makenna