It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Courtney hits the BIG SWEET SIXTEEN! Dec. 3rd

I look back and can't believe where all the time went, I know people, (and even I) say that a lot, but it is so true.  I can remember the night I went into labor with this sweet girl and held her and looked into her eyes for the first time and I remember thinking she and I will be more than mother and daughter, and in a blink of an eye she's turning 16, and that statement can't be more than true! Courtney is so much more to me than a daughter, she is my friend and my example.  She is so driven and so spiritual, she came to this earth ready to learn and grow and she has done just that.  She is touched by the spirit so easily and she loves her Heavenly Father so much and always is striving to do what is right.  Courtney you have blessed this family in so many ways, I am so grateful to be your mother!

The night of her birthday we had a HUGE Sweet 16 party for her, there were about 60 teenagers here at the house.  It was really a great night!  There was a DJ so lots of great music, some kids danced, some jumped on the trampoline, some played rock band, some stood by the heaters and fire, some just visited and hung out, later in the evening we had a big blow up screen and projector and the kids watched a movie outside while we served popcorn.  During the party I calmed the kids and had them sit for a bit because I had asked 16 people to stand and say something about Courtney, there were laughs, tears, and good memories shared, the theme from most of them was how happy she always is and what a great friend and example she is.  That was a neat part of the night.  Here are some pics of the evening:




Courtney's cake made by Aunt Nancy It was DELICIOUS!!

Look at the boys in anticipation in the background!













 


Ugly sweater gift :) 
and the cowgirl hat that she's always wanted!

No comments: