

My dad has to work from home, bound to a wheel chair, anyone who knows my dad and how fast he is can imagine how hard this has been on him. My mom has had a lot of stress during the whole ordeal, so we as her children decided to fly in her little sister for a "Surprise" for her for Mother's Day. It was so fun planning it and I kept seeing her reaction in my mind over and over of how I knew she would react.
We were going to pick up my Aunt from the airport and bring her to my mom's work and surprise her, but the day before the surprise my Dad found out that he had to go in to have his pin removed because of the infection. So, Courtney and I went to the surgery center to sit with my Mom to keep her company, Jared went to the airport to get my Aunt and bring her to the surgery center. My mom was clueless and I loved every minute of it. Finally, a few hours later I saw Jared pull into the parking lot so I stood in front of my Mom and said, (while Courtney got out the video camera), "Mom, all of us kids went in and got you a Mother's Day present but it's here a week early, Jared just brought it so I need you to come out to the parking lot to get it." She had this look on her face like, are you crazy? And of course right then wouldn't you know it the nurse comes out and calls our name to go back and see my Dad. I had to tell the nurse to wait because my Mom needed to go out to the parking lot to get a present. :) Here's her reaction, it was everything I expected.....
Chad and Chelsea arrived soon after the surprise, Jenn and Cassie couldn't be there, and of course my Dad missed it, because he was in recovery, so that's why we video taped it.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!! We love you!!
Dad, we hope that you feel better soon, and we can't wait until you get that thing off!!
Lori, thanks for being able to come and Uncle Jon and kids, thanks for letting her come!!


4 comments:
What a great surprise! Your mom deserves it!
How fun! That was really great to see your mom's reaction! Have a great mother's day.
Awwwwwww, that was so sweet! Wow, i can't find words to describe how loving and wonderful that was! :D
Ohhh! I had no idea your dad was having so much trouble?!!!I'm so sorry. I completely know how hard it is to see your parents struggle. You guys are awesome to plan such a great surprise!! Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Post a Comment