Zach, Tyler and Courtney with Jordin Pruitt
Josh and Kevin Tran
Josh and Shannon Miller
Nastia looking very tired!!!
Sasha and Justin Spring checking out their pictures in Josh's gymnastics magazine. We tell Josh that he will grow up to look like Justin!
2008 SUPERSTAR Gymnastics Tour
We were lucky enough to be able to go to Arco Arena on Wednesday night to see the Superstar Gymnastics tour with the 2008 Olympic Gymnastic teams! It was such a great night. We all had so much fun. It wasn't formal routines, it was music, costumes, and FUN FUN FUN. It was great to see such talented gymnasts have fun. Josh's gym was given 4 back stage VIP passes so they did a random raffle and Josh was chosen. After the event was over Troy was able to escort him back stage to meet and greet the gymnasts. Josh was so excited about it. Shawn Johnson wasn't able to perform though because she was ill. We were really sad about that, but the evening was still great. Jordin Pruitt was there performing also. So while Troy was back with Josh I was with the kids waiting in the foyer and Jordin Pruitt walked by to go and sign autographs so I sent Courtney and Tyler to go stand in line. Zach and I stood about 10 feet away from the table where she was signing, and I was asking Zach if he wanted to take off his undershirt for her to sign and he was really embarrassed and kept saying No. Jordin's mother was standing there and could tell that he was embarrassed so she walked over and asked him if he wanted her to give it to Jordin to sign, but he kept saying no. She asked him a couple of questions, and then said if he changed his mind to let her know so he could be her special guest. So when she walked away, I told Zach that I knew he would be really upset once he left if he didn't take the opportunity to have his shirt sign and meet her. So he said, "OK" and climbed under the table to take it off. I walked over behind the table to Jordin's mother and gave it to her and then we chatted for a little bit, Courtney asked some questions too. Then when Jordin was done signing autographs she turned around and said hi to the kids, signed Zach's shirt and took a picture with them. The only thing that sucks is Troy had the good camera so I only had Courtney's phone so the picture is grainy but the memory is there.
Josh said that the gymnasts were very nice, and he loved the opportunity to meet them. It was just a great experience for the kids to see such talented determined athletes from the Olympics and see that they are all just normal people. Very inspiring!!
Josh said that the gymnasts were very nice, and he loved the opportunity to meet them. It was just a great experience for the kids to see such talented determined athletes from the Olympics and see that they are all just normal people. Very inspiring!!








.jpg)


3 comments:
LUCKY!!!!! I CAN'T BELIVE YOU GUYS GOT TO MEET THOSE PEOPLE!!!! The Hamm brohters, Nastia Luikin, Joe Haggerty, you guyz are so totally lucky. I mean, how many people get to meet olympic athletes? Well, besides Guard Young. :D Anyways, that's so cool that you got to meet those amazing people, and I hope you will always remember and be grateful for it.
Wow. How exciting to meet so many great people all at once! That is sure to be a memory they will never forget!
How cool is that! My kids thought that was pretty cool too! We love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment