It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Tyler turns 12!!


WOW!!! Tyler is 12.  A lot happened in July.  Zach was baptized and now Tyler turns 12 and receives the priesthood.  My kids are really growing up!  Tyler had a fun party.  He invited some school friends to come up to Rescue to a friends house who has a built in arcade and theater room in their house.  So, we all piled into my car and Troy's car and started our trip up the freeway.  I told Troy that I only had 30 miles until empty and he said, OK! He had the GPS so I was following him.  When we got on the freeway and passed the Costco gas station I began to worry but I figured he knew where we were going.  Until I went up the hill right before out exit and PUT-PUT-PUT my car ran out of gas!!  Thank goodness I was in the far lane and able to coast down the exit, because the power steering goes out when the car shuts down.  I call Troy who is ahead of me and I tell him.  I tried to stay calm, I think I did a pretty good job until he decided to say to me, "why didn't you stop and get gas!!!" DUH because I wanted to run out!!! 
So, all 11 of us pile into Troy's 5 seater car to get to the house.  Which thank goodness was only about 6 minutes away!!! It was crazy, I was so nervous but the boys LOVED it.  They were having such a good time it was an adventure to them!  So, we finally made it to the party, and Troy being the great guy that he is leaves to go get gas in a gas can then to my car to fill it, then back to the party and then I take him back to get his car.  WOW!!! 

Tyler had a great time!  That's all that mattered!


No comments: