It's a Crazy Life but it's OURS!!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Tradition




In the beginning Troy and I would drag the kids from tree farm to tree farm arguing about which tree to buy.  I wanted the biggest most beautiful tree which would usually end up being the most expensive, so that's when the arguing would start.  The poor kids were always cold and whining, they just wanted a tree to take home and decorate!  So, after years of arguing we finally broke down and bought a fake one that we have used for about 6 years.  When we moved to our new house we wanted a bigger one, so this year Courtney asked Troy if we could go and buy a real tree, something bigger and that would smell nice.  So, after mine and Troy's annual black friday shopping I was exhausted so he said he would take the kids to buy a tree and surprise me.  I stayed home and took a much needed nap!  I was so happy when they came home with a BIG, BEAUTIFUL, real tree.  They were happy because they only went to one place and they got to chop it down themselves!  So, we have started a NEW tradition, and one I am really happy about!






When we were all home together we decorated the tree.  I LOVE this part of Christmas!  The kids LOVE to take out their ornaments and talk about when they got them and who they were from and what they mean to them.  I may not have a tree that you would find in a Mall Window but I love our tree and the memories that it brings each year.  Merry Christmas!

{I can't get this picture to flip.  UGHHH!!! I'll keep trying but here it is for now!}




No comments: